Monday, January 14, 2013

Home again, home again...

Whew!  3 weeks of traveling and family and doctors appointments; Owen and I are exhausted!  We got home two nights ago (late) and then yesterday morning we were up bright and early to go to work.  Owen and I did Sunday school and immediately afterwards went to the specialty dog food store that is located by work.  Owen eats a brand of food called Honest Kitchen; it is a dehydrated raw mix that I use as "topper".  He gets in in addition to his regular food as it has a lot of nutrients and extra goodies that kibble doesn't have.  I've only been able to find the small boxes locally, but luckily this store (which is amazing) is willing to order me a large box of the Honest Kitchen version Owen eats, which will save us a lot of money in the long run.

After doing that, we went to the grocery store - the first time we've gone grocery shopping by ourselves since team training!  It was soooo much smoother than the first time I tried shopping by myself.  Once we were done grocery shopping, we hopped over to the vet to pick up Toby.  Poor Toby was there for 21 days!  I think he's happy to be home, but honestly, Owen and I haven't seen much of our kitty cat friend since he got home.  He hung out with me last night on the couch, and I know Toby spent at least some of the night sleeping in bed with me and Owen, but I haven't seen him as much as normal.

I think everybody is very very tired.  In fact, as I write this, Owen is curled up on the couch, snoring on my feet.  Here's a little glimpse into what has Owen and me so tired!

Birthday breakfast with Owen!  We got up early to go out to breakfast with my mom; Owen caught a few zzzz's under the table while we ate.

I got my haircut and Owen slept (seems to be a common theme).  I chopped off *a lot* of hair - it's going to Locks of Love - but I think the short hair is slowly growing on me.  Owen was a superstar; he slept on his mat the whole time we were there!

Owen working in the AT&T store.  For a birthday present I got to replace my phone - my old iPhone was over 3 years old and was showing wear and tear.  I'm anything but easy on my technology; even with the best case I could buy (rubberized so when the phone got dropped or thrown it bounced), the phone was cracked and not working consistently.  In addition to getting my phone (and the Apple care warranty), we bought an Otterbox case - the "Defender" series.  Hopefully it can help keep my new phone safe!

Owen looks quite bored of Panera - I think we went at least 5 times when we were in California!

Owen, my mom, and I went "downtown" to the next town over where they have a large shopping center and PF Changs(!).  We had a great seat and I put Owen next to my chair in this out-of-the-way spot; so I thought.  It was out of the way of the servers and other patrons, but everybody who walked into or out of the restaurant walked right by Owen!  He loved the spot and loved getting to be the center of attention. :)

Our last day in California soaking up the sun!  We went to Yogurtland (a serve yourself frozen yogurt bar); Owen was quite thrilled to be there and I was thrilled to get to be in the sun a little bit longer (it's below freezing here all day long!). 

Our flight home was probably one of the best flights we have done; security went smoothly, we pre-boarded and got the exact seat I wanted, we had great seatmates and flight attendants who were enamored with Owen, and the flight went smoothly!  What more could you ask for?

Owen and I are enjoying being at home; we are having an "easy day" today, I am planning to work on reinforcing some of Owen's commands (specifically: leave it) that I have been lax on because I've been sick since we got back from Texas.  Tomorrow we have a nail appointment, chiropractor appointment, and our first class of the semester.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment